Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer displays the E02 error code. It signals about problems with the electric motor of the device. In this case, the drum does not rotate when the washing program is run, or the program does not start at all.
What should a normal user do and how to fix the situation? You can call the specialist, or you can try to fix the problem by yourself.
The E02 error code in the Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer, shown on the display, is critical. If you don’t remove it, the wiring or the engine of the Bosch washer may catch fire.
What does the E02 in Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer mean: options for eliminating
You can try to solve the problem without disassembling the mechanism of the washer. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Check if the mains voltage is enough for the operation of the Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer. If not, you may need the help of an electrician.
- Unplug the machine from the mains for 15-20 minutes. If after restart the E02 error is reset, then the reason was in the failure of the electronic controller.
If the recommendations did not help to remove the error, search for a breakdown and repair the part.
Causes for breakage and repair
The motor is an important part of a washer. The part is responsible for the drum rotations during washing. So if you do not solve the problem, most of all it will be impossible to use the Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer.
However, the cause of the failure doesn’t cover in the engine.
Brushes are worn out
80% of the breakdowns appearing with the E02 error in the Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer falls on the carbon brushes of the electric motor.
Over time, these parts wear out. And as a result, the motor stops. These signs can state that brushes are out of order:
- A washer, as always, picks up and drains the water, but the drum does not spin.
- A user hears some noise and notices the sparks under the Bosch washer.
How to troubleshoot if the E02 error is illuminated:
- Disconnect the washer from the mains.
- Disassemble the Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer.
- The engine is located below, under the drum.
- Remove the transmission belt and disconnect the motor wires.
- Loosen the screws that secure the motor.
- Remove the engine and wring out the carbon brush contacts.
- Remove the brushes. Check: if the parts are almost or completely worn, replace it.
Rotor bearing failure
If you hear some noise during spinning or notice a leakage in the tank, be careful. The reason for it is the water that has got into the bearing of the rotor.
What should I do to solve the problem and reset the error:
- Install the new electric motor in the Bosch Nexxt 500 series washer.
- Remove the motor and get the rotor. Get rid of the protective cover from the bearings. After cleaning and processing, grease the bearing.
Completely replace the bearing. Deformation of the rotor axis is quite a common trouble. In this case, the user can hear rumbling sounds when the motor rotates.
Replace the rotor with a new one.
Tacho sensor is out of order
Tacho sensor (Hall sensor) controls the speed of the drum rotation.
These signs indicate a malfunction of a tachogenerator. The drum rotates abnormally quickly, then stops, and produces an E02 error.
If you notice such “behavior” of the Bosch washer, then you need to check the sensor with a multimeter. The resistance of 70 ohms is normal. In this case, the device is working properly. If the appliance is broken, replace it.
The last thing to check is the engine. The multimeter tester will help you with this. The device’s performance should be from 1 to 7 ohms.
Very rarely, the error code is displayed due to a fault in the control module. However, if you exclude all other malfunctions, check the module.
It may be necessary to replace the unit or repair the board. Before removing the problem, think about whether you can handle the repair by yourself or not!