Bosch front load washer displays an e13 error code. It means that the problem is related to water draining. If after the timeout (10 minutes) the water remains in the tank and is not drained, the system gives an error. The device shows it on the scoreboard.
The user notices the absence of spinning when it comes to taking out wet clothes from the tank. How to eliminate the problem and repair the breakdown?
What does the e13 error of Bosch front load washer mean: causes for failure and its elimination
To understand why Bosch front load washer produces the e13 error, act sequentially. Start inspecting from simple and understandable details. Follow the steps:
- Check the drain filter. The element is located at the bottom of the device’s back. Open the cover and remove the filter. If it is filled with debris, clean it and rinse under running water.
- Check the drain hose for bending or incorrect location. If it is not installed correctly, a “siphon” effect is formed. As a result, only the water begins to merge, it immediately returns to the washer. In addition, wash the hose and its nozzle.
- The blockage can form in the sewage system or in the connection point of the hose with it. The last option can be checked by disconnecting the hose. If the cause is in the sewer, you will need to clean it with special means or call a plumber.
What to do if after cleaning all the elements the e13 error code does not reset? To solve the problem, you need to repair the breakage by yourself.
Pressure switch malfunction
How to check a pressure switch? First, remove the pressure sensor from the Bosch washer. Having connected a small tube to the attachment point, blow it through. In addition, inspect the hoses leading to the pressure switch for integrity and absence of blockages.
If the sensor is in order, contacts will work after blowing the tube. You will hear a characteristic click, which can be repeated three times. If you do not hear anything, the replacing of the pressure switch is required.
Transmission belt failure
If the Bosch washer shows the fault code and the spin does not work, the reason for it may be in the transmission belt of the engine. When the belt stretches, the transmission of turns is inefficient. As a result, the washing is normal, but there is not enough speed to spin, which causes the e13 error.
To check the condition of the belt, do the following:
- After disconnecting the Bosch front load washer from the electrical network, remove the back cover.
- Look, perhaps, the belt has jumped off the pulley, or is too worn.
- To install a new belt, thread it through the pulley of the motor onto the pulley of the drum.
- Scroll the pulley, evenly distributing the belt.
If there are no results after resetting the error and resuming the spin, go to the next step.
Drain pump breakdown
When the pump fails, the water is pumped out poorly or not at all. So, before checking the filter and the drain hose, you can start inspecting the pump.
- Drain the water from the Bosch front load washer through the drain filter.
- Remove the top and rear panels of the washer.
- Fix the drum and place the device on its side.
- Disconnect the pump wires, located at the bottom of the washer.
- Move the hose clamp away from the pump.
- Turn the pump counterclockwise and pull it out.
- To install a new element, press it firmly by turning it clockwise.
Control unit issues
The last thing that can be assumed is the control module malfunction. If there are any problems with electronics, the rest of the washer does not receive a start signal. Thus, the device informs about the e13 error.
Each separate element on the control board handles the operation of the motor, engine, sensors and other parts. As a result of the closure, the elements can burn out. To fix the breakage, try to solder the contacts, clean the unit or perform the complete replacement of it.