Bosch washing machines give the f04 error code when the water leak is detected. The possible causes of this error include:
- problems with the drain of the device;
- cuvette (powder dispenser) malfunctions;
- manhole cuff failure.
Leakage of water through the drain of the washing machine
Consider the essence of the problem. Be sure to distinguish the difference between hoses and nozzles. So:
- hoses are located outside the Bosch washing machine body;
- branch pipes are placed inside the device.
The drain pipe removes waste water. After washing, a drain pump drains water from the tank through this element. Then, water flows into the sewer system. It is worth noting that in new washing machines the nozzles are always strong and elastic. However, during operation, the material hardens. As a result, the parts tend to crack and leak.
What is the main cause that provokes the flow of the part? The reason for the problem is foreign objects that get into the device. To prevent the 04 the error code in Bosch washing machine, check laundry before washing. To solve the problem, replace the spoiled part.
You can take out a worn out pipe from the appliance bottom. In this case, two options are possible:
- the free arrangement with a protruding nozzle;
- the option, when the bottom is closed with a lid and you need to remove it.
The drain pipe has three connections:
- with a tub of a washing machine;
- with a drainage system;
- with a branch pipe of pressure.
For replacement, loosen the clamps of these connections. Then, remove the pipe. Install a new one in its place, suitable for the parameters. Tighten the clamps.
Flow out of the powder dispenser of a washing machine
Leaking water from the dispenser may also cause a failure of your Bosch washing machine. The appliance will show the f04 error code on the display.
As a rule, this problem occurs in the next cases:
- water flows from the dispenser while filling the washing machine;
- flow through the dispenser during washing and rinsing;
- flow during the spinning time.
If the problem occurs during water gaining, the following situations are possible:
- There is excessive water pressure. Thus, the dispenser can not cope with the flow. In this case, it is necessary to make sure that the device is installed level, without tilting;
- Clogging of the switchgear tubes, which need cleaning;
- Problems with the nozzle. There can be a powder clogging, easily eliminated by rinsing with hot water. The loss of airtightness of the branch pipe is a common issue, too. In this case, you have to replace it or run water through the clamps. Tighten the parts well.
When leaking occurs during washing and rinsing, pay attention to the amount of foam. If there is excessive foaming, you can eliminate it the next way. Reduce the amount of detergent or buy another option.
Leaks during spinning indicate the clogging of the drainage pipe. If the tube is clogged, water is not diverted to the sewage system. Under pressure of squeezes, it enters into the powder tray. To fix the breakage, clean the branch pipe.
Hatch cuffs leaking
The main reasons for this situation:
- natural wear out over time, caused by severe loads, including heating and cooling. Some detergents have a bad effect, too. When laundry and drum rub the cuffs, the material loses its elasticity. With time, it becomes fragile;
- the use of a poor quality detergent that destroys the structure of a rubber product;
- the impact of clothing items, especially metal and plastic. The contents of the pockets, including nails, screws, pins, and coins are a serious danger. A user often forgets to remove it from clothes before washing.
To eliminate the breakage, replace the part. The procedure takes the following steps:
- Loosen the first clamp. Plastic fasteners are weakened by a latch. Metal one can be stretched by a spring or a screw that needs to be removed. After this, remove the first clamp.
- Removal of the front part of the cuff, hold by the special shape and tension of the rubber.
- Fixing the cuff position. There is a special mark, placed on the top of the part. Another one is in the tank. If there is no mark, fix its position with a pencil or something.
- Removal of the second clamp is a procedure similar to the first stage. The only difference is that the second clamp is more complicated to find. In some cases, you need to remove the front wall of a washing machine.
- Complete cuff extraction.
Then install the new part. First, compare the old and the new cuff. Make sure they are identical. The installation of a new element requires the following steps:
- Cleaning the edge of the tank from contamination.
- Installing the cuff on the tank. In this case, it is necessary to check the coincidence of labels. Prepare to the fact that the rubber will resist, requiring some effort.
- Checking the correctness of the installation. There must be no clearances.
- Installation of clamps.