A washing machine shows the F18 error code. Also, you notice that the appliance doesn’t drain water completely, because you get wet clothes from the tank.
In this case, Bosch models without a screen sign about an error as follows: turn indicators for 800 – 1000 or 400 – 600 light of blink.
Attention! The F18 fault code is critical. Do not start operating the Bosch washing machine before removing the breakage. This can lead to water leakage and flooding.
Reasons And Signs For F18 Error Code In Bosch Washing Machine
The Bosch washing machine does not drain water and shows the F18 fault on the display. The next signs indicate the error’s appearance:
- The program fails, the water goes too slowly.
- Before draining the system fails.
- Quality draining does not take place regularly.
- During washing, draining occurs but does not when rinsing.
- No spinning of the laundry.
Reasons And Solutions For F18 Error Code
Do not overreact and stop disassembling the Bosch washing machine. You can reset the F18 error code and solve the problem in another way:
- Restart the appliance. Try to reset the error by disabling the washing machine from the mains. Pull the plug out of the socket for 10-15 minutes. If after enabling the code disappears, the reason is the failure of the system.
- Clean the device. Often the cause of poor plums is clogging that can form in different places of the machine. First, check the pump filter. It is located at the bottom of the front panel of the washer, behind the hatch. The part is often clogged by threads, hair, small objects. Turn the knob and remove the filter.
- Now check the drain hose, exclude bending, inspect and wash it under pressure. In addition, check the siphon and sewerage, which could also be clogged. Use special tools to clean them.
- Poor supply and discharge of water can indicate an incorrect installation of the drain hose. According to the rules, the hose must be at least 50 centimeters from the floor. Check the connection.
How To Repair The Washing Machine By Your Own Hands
What if the Bosch washing machine shows the F18 error code after all the repair methods? Proceed to check the internal parts of the device. Always disconnect the washing machine from the mains before starting work.
It is necessary to check the efficiency of the impeller. To do this, remove the filter and look into the hole using a flashlight. If the impeller rotates during operation, then everything is in order. If not, then you need to inspect it for blockage.
The pump is responsible for draining after washing. If the impeller is not clogged, but still does not rotate, you need to inspect the pump. What does this mean:
- Drain the water from the tank through a filter or hose.
- Remove the top and back panels from the body, put the machine on its side.
- Disconnect the wires.
- Pull out the pump by turning it counterclockwise.
- Inspect the pump for clogging. If there is a blockage, you need to clean the pump and put it back in place. In other cases, you need to install a new part.
Problems with electronics
Examine the line of wires from the control module to the pump and pressure switch. The reasons can be in the pressure switch, but it happens rarely. However, if other methods do not help to remove the F18 error, check the Bosch washer pressure sensor.
The module is last checked with a multimeter. You may need to solder or replace elements. To eliminate this breakage, it is better to call the master.