The main task of the part is to pump wastewater. If it fails, the water will be sitting in the basin constantly. This can lead to bad consequences such as a short circuit and a flood in the apartment.
How to determine the cause of the malfunction
Have a look at the water level in the basin through the door. If it is too high, you get a direct indication that the pump is malfunctioning. So disconnect the appliance from the power supply as soon as possible and repair it.
Experience has shown that problems with the pump are caused by the following reasons:
- debris accumulated;
- faulty appliance assembly.
Before the repair inspects the condition of the element. Even if its condition is adequate, you can provide some maintenance. If serious problems are obvious, you need to replace the faulty component.
You need a slotted and a cruciform screwdriver to remove the pump properly. In some cases, you need a wrench or tool of the appropriate size as well. You can use a toothpick for cleaning or an awl/a small knife if no toothpick available.
Experience has shown that the malfunctioning pump is almost always an utmost defective affair. So make sure a new pump has no defects and is made for your type of the dishwasher.
How to troubleshoot the problem in Siemens dishwashers
- Remove the protective cover or the back panel of the dishwasher;
- Locate the pump and unplug it from the basin;
- Check it for any clog and get rid of it, reinstall the pump and check its work;
- If the pump has burned out or is completely faulty, replace it with a new one;
- Reinstall the protective cover or the back panel of the dishwasher.
- Connect the appliance to all necessary utilities and check how it drains the water.