If your inlet water hose is damaged, you may flood your neighbors. So if your appliance leaks, turn off the water supply immediately, and then check the dishwasher for malfunctions.
How to identify the signs of the failure
In case of a typical failure, the appliance starts to leak considerably. The hose is frequent to crack. If that’s the case, water will dribble for quite a long time.
Experience has shown that problems with the hose are caused by the following reasons:
- low-quality design;
- incorrect installation;
- strong wear.
How to replace the Siemens dishwasher hose
Before you begin the work, turn off the water supply tap, disconnect the sewer hose and unplug the dishwasher. You can start the replacement work if you have got a new hose and the tools.
To have the perfect result you need only a pipe wrench and a cruciform screwdriver to remove the back panel or the bottom protection cover properly. A regular wrench for the nuts of the right size is a great deal. In some cases, the hose connection is hard to reach.
The steps of the repair are as follows:
- Remove the protective cover to get access to the hose;
- Depending on the dishwasher type, remove the boarding clamps with a cruciform screwdriver or release the hose with an adjustable wrench;
- Install a new hose in the reverse order;
- Reinstall the elements in the reverse order;
- Check the appliance for leaking.
All you need is a new hose. The old one is beyond repair, the reconstruction is not available technically.