The self-test of LG washing machine shows the AE or AOE error code. The fault may indicate problems with turning off. Decrypting the full meaning of the error, you will understand how to eliminate it at home.
Note that the fault code appears in washing machines, equipped with a screen.
The meaning and eliminating the error in LG washing machine
What does the AE error code in LG washing machine mean? It signals about the device’s operation stop due to the problems with auto-shutdown. Probably, the float sensor has triggered, too.
What to do and how to fix the breakdown:
- Exclude the failure of the control module. Turn off the washing machine from the mains for 15-20 minutes to remove the AE error. After a reset, LG washing machine can operate in normal mode. The reason for frequent “hangs” of the system is excessive humidity in the room where the appliance is installed.
- Some LG washing machines have the Aquastop mode, which protects the system against leaks. It is necessary to check all fastenings and connections. Maybe after moving some hose was disconnected, so the washing machine leaks and the sensor float triggers.
If there is no error reset, the fault requires repair.
Causes and repair of the malfunction
Here are the reasons why LG washing machine can show the AE error:
- If during washing, the machine stopped and issued the AE code, a problem relates to the control board or processor. Check the next: if the elements are broken or burnt out, clean the tracks, and solder the contacts. If there is a breakdown of the processor, replace the display module.
- The washing machine with Aquastop protection is leaking and there is water in the pan. In addition, the fault code appears on the display. Perhaps the rubber cuff poorly performs its functions due to damage or exposure to the mold. In rare cases, you can glue the cuff, but it is safer to replace it completely. Also, the nozzle or tank of the washing machine may get damaged. You should replace it, too.
- The Aquastop system makes a click sound, the tray is empty, and the trouble appears. What does it mean: the protection system is out of order. The situation requires a repair or complete replacement of the protection.