The dishwasher is programmed to start cleaning only after the door is completely closed. If it does not lock properly, your dishwasher will not work at all.
Signs of malfunction, how to identify?
Try to completely close the door/hatch. In normal condition you will hear a typical click. If you didn’t, the door does not work as expected. This means that you dishwasher needs repair.
Experience shows that damage can be caused by the following reasons:
- Broken guide;
- Fixing tongue is broken;
- Lock is out of order.
Troubleshooting in the Siemens dishwasher
Before starting the repair, be sure to buy replacement parts. If there are physical problems with the part, it cannot be restored. Again, inspect the dishwasher and note its behavior. Once the cause of the malfunction has been determined, take all the necessary tools.
Based on the nature of the breakdown, you will need to additionally purchase a guide, a fixing tongue and a lock. If you do not have any basic tools at home, we recommend that you buy them additionally.
This kind of breakdowns are classified as simple. To repair the dishwasher, use a bent screwdriver of a certain size (depending on the characteristics of a particular model) and a regular one.
In order to carry out repairs, you will need:
- to remove the cover under which the fasteners are hidden (in some cases, the bolts can be placed in a prominent place);
- to unscrew the bolts and remove the door;
- to replace a broken lock or a certain part of it;
- to put the door to their proper place and fix it with bolts;
- to test the functioning of the dishwasher.