The FL error in Samsung washing machines is not the only one that reports hatch locking problems. Such codes as de, Ed, dE1, dE2 relate to the door-hatch issues.
The following facts signal about FL, door, de, Ed, dE1, dE2 faults:
- a user can’t block the door, even pressing it hard;
- opening the door after the washing process is impossible ;
- the washing machine first locks the hatch. But when the lock is deactivated, the Samsung washing machine fails. The specified code appears on display;
- the hatch hook does not fit into the hole of the locking device;
- multiple appearance and disappearance of this code during the washing process. Sometimes this happens 5-7 times per wash cycle.
The most common case is when the door is closed with a click, but the device still displays the FL error. In this case, you need to check and repair the hatch lock.
If you can’t open the hatch after washing, the problem relates to the hatch lockout device. However, be extremely careful. At the end of washing, the door lock system of any washing machine keeps the hatch closed for a while. It should be like this. If in ten minutes after the program completion the appliance doesn’t open the hatch, it might need repair.
Both electrical and mechanical factors may cause the FL error in Samsung washing machines. It happens if the lock hook, located on the hatch cover, doesn’t fit the hole of the locking system. Hence, the loop on which the hatch holds has deformed. It sometimes occurs, especially if you have small children who like swinging from the washer’s door. Replacing the loop is the only solution to the problem.
Samsung washing machines are equipped with quite weak staff loops. But recently the manufacturer began to produce strengthened versions made from special alloy. So, buy the new one and forget this issue forever.
It is not good if the FL code appears and disappears in Samsung washing machines. It means that the contact disappears somewhere between the hatch lock and the control module path. You will have to remove the lock module. Then, using a multimeter, check the loop on contacts leading from the lock. In such situations, it is better to entrust the work to a specialist.