The Samsung washing machine starts the washing cycle as usual. But when it comes to spinning, it issues the UE error. It means that you have overloaded the drum or, conversely, put a few items.
To understand how to eliminate it, you need to know all the reasons for the code appearance.
The code appears on the Samsung washing machines’ display in case of the drum imbalance. The E4 code is similar to it. This one is typical for the washers up to the 2007 year of production.
Usually, the washer displays the error on the third, seventh or ninth minute of the spin. But the washing machine can issue the fault anytime after the spinning process starts.
When the code appears on display, the reason is the following:
- Drum overloading;
- Too small laundry;
- Washing items from different fabrics, which have different weights after getting wet. It leads to an excessive load on the drum during spinning;
- Adding too small and at the same time too large clothes. It leads to a strong twisting of the laundry and causes the drum imbalance;
- One-time failure in the control module;
- Placement of Samsung’s washer on an uneven surface.
How to fix the problem
What to do if the display shows the error? Do the following:
- If there is the laundry imbalance, open the washing machine door and manually put the items evenly.
- In the case of drum overloading, remove some items and put it back on again.
- When the drum is underloaded with laundry, do the next trick. Moisten a couple of towels with water and squeeze out a little. Then, open the washer’s door and put wet towels in the drum. After this, restart the spinning of the laundry.
- In the event of a temporary malfunction in the control module, turn off the machine and remove the cord from the outlet. Wait a few minutes, and then restart the washing machine.
- In the case of washing machine tilting, level it in a horizontal position. Thus, the laundry will be distributed evenly.
How to eliminate the fault codes if the door is locked?
So, it may be necessary to drain water through a special filter, located at the bottom of the washing machine.
If the above methods don’t help, and after the test run the washer again shows the error, then there is a serious failure. You have to call a specialist who knows how to correct the situation.
When to call a specialist for repair
Resetting the error from the Samsung machine display requires a specialist if:
- There is the fault on the scoreboard, and the drum doesn’t spin or rotates only one way. There is the control card malfunction. Perhaps, the relay on the board or the control module processor have failed. To solve the problem, replace the board.
- The drum of the washing machine doesn’t rotate, and the washing machine issues the UE code after starting. It signals that the drive belt has torn or stretched. Replace the element.
- During spin gaining, the washing machine makes loud sounds but doesn’t spin laundry. Perhaps the bearing has collapsed or the sealing of the stuffing box is broken. Change these elements to new ones.
- The washing machine reports an error when washing, rinsing or spinning. The reason is the tacho sensor breakdown, which requires replacement.
- A user can easily scroll the drum. But at the same time, the appliance doesn’t spin on the selected program. It indicates the wear of the engine brushes. Replace them.
After finding out the reason for the code appearance, it is easier to remove the fault and fix the work of the device. But for this, it is often necessary to invite a specialist who will eliminate the malfunction.
What does UE mean on my Samsung washer?
A UE error indicates an imbalance. It occurs when the washing machine cannot distribute the laundry along the walls of the drum. Sometimes it is caused by mechanical malfunctions, such as deterioration of carbon brushes, damage to the tachometer, damage to the belt drive, or destruction of the bearing. A failure in the control board is also likely.
What is UE in the washing machine Samsung?
UE on the Samsung washing machine display indicates an imbalance. It is caused by the uneven weight of the laundry or overload/underload of the drum — other provoking factors: failure of the bearing assembly, tacho generator, belt, electric motor brushes. In rare cases, the error is due to damage to the mainboard.
How do I fix the error UE on my Samsung washer?
Redistribute the laundry to get rid of the UE error. If that doesn’t help, check the basic elements of the mechanism. You may need to replace the Hall sensor, worn brushes, or belt. Make sure that the bearing does not break due to leakage of oil seals. Check the control module for damage.