If the E01 error code appears on the Siemens dishwasher display, don’t panic. This way the equipment reports the failure of the heating element. You can easily eliminate this breakdown without the help of a master. In addition, besides issuing the error code on the display, you may notice poor water heating. In some cases, the washing process stops, too.
The meaning of the Е01 error code in Siemens dishwasher and the reasons for it
The E01 error code in the dishwasher signals about problems with the heater. The causes of faults include:
- burnt out contacts. It prevents the device’s signal receiving from the board about start-up;
- burnout of the heater. Most often, the reason for this is the excessive hardness of the tap water. That’s why scum accumulates on the element surface.
Before repair work, experts recommend checking the heater. The complexity of this task lies in the next fact about Siemens dishwashers. They are equipped with a one-piece sidewall with the heating element and a hose and nozzle outlet. If there are no screws in the dishwasher model, disassembly of the unit is not possible. Therefore, a user has to provide a complete replacement of the unit.
How to fix the E01 error in Siemens dishwasher?
First of all, you should make sure that the system error is not an accidental one, caused by the system failure. To do this, you need to reset all icons from the screen. Complete the following actions:
- disconnect the dishwasher from the mains;
- leave the device in the off state for about a quarter of an hour;
- restart the equipment;
- check the error appearance on the screen;
- if the fault appears, you can start checking the heater.
The heating elements of Siemens dishwashers are quite expensive parts. Therefore, it is worthwhile to verify the heater failure, and only after that provide the replacement.
To solve the problems related to the E01 code, take the following steps::
- disconnect the device from all communications, including electricity, water, and sewerage;
- open the door and take out the trays from the bunker;
- pull out the bottom tray and remove the drain filter;
- remove the screws holding the hoses and nozzles, as well as the heating element. Find these screws along the perimeter;
- turn the dishwasher upside down;
- remove the back cover by removing the screws;
- disconnect the wiring from the pump;
- scrolling the pump counterclockwise, remove it;
- disconnect the rubber mount of the heating block by inserting a hand under it;
- disconnect the wires branch pipes;
- remove the heater.
After that, proceed to the heater replacing. Perform all the actions in reverse order.
Now it is clear why the Siemens dishwasher issues the E01 fault. You can find the reason and troubleshoot it without any help. The main thing is consistency and accuracy of actions.