What does the E09 error in Siemens dishwasher mean? How to eliminate it? The interpretation of this code is simple – the error of the heating element.
Reasons for the e09 error code in Siemens dishwasher
Most often the E9 code appears in the dishwashers with a flow heater, built into the circulation pump. Why does the system show the error? The reason for this is the cut off wiring or burnt out heater. What could happen:
- Water has come through the worn out sealant on the heating element, and a short circuit occurred.
- The clog in the drain filter provoked a slow water outflow. It caused overheating and burning of the element.
- Incorrect selection of salt or its absence in the ion exchanger led to the scale formation. Accordingly, overheating occurs.
Only the heater replacement will help to fix the situation.
Repair work steps for the heating element replacement
Before you start repair, try resetting the E09 error code. Perhaps, the equipment shows the error as a result of a system failure. Disconnect the dishwasher from the mains for 10-15 minutes and then turn it on.
If there is the error, provide unit and the heating element inspecting. Since the heater is part of the circulation unit, you will have to remove it.
- Disconnect the machine from communications and mains.
- Move away the front side (if it is a built-in dishwasher).
- Remove the screws and get rid of the bottom panel under the door.
- Remove the insulation and unscrew the bolts of the pallet.
- Pull out the baskets for the dishes from the hopper.
- Remove the lower rocker arm, pull out the drain filter. You will see the pump cover behind it. Remove the screws for securing it.
- Turn the Siemens dishwasher to the back side.
- Disconnect the pump from the circulation pump by turning it counterclockwise.
- Loosen the block from the wires and remove it from the fasteners.
- Loosen the clamp holding the heater, disconnect its wiring.
- Install the new item.
Important! Use only the original spare parts for replacement.
Assemble the appliance in the reverse order. We recommend you to properly take care of Siemens dishwasher. Thus, you will avoid problems with the heating element and other details.