Leaks in dishwashers are the most common problem faced by its owners. If you do not eliminate this problem in time and leave it as it is, next time you risk flooding your apartment and neighbors.
Signs of malfunction, how to identify?
Carefully inspect the dishwasher and make sure that it stands on a plain surface. Check the door seal for tears or cracks. Turn on the equipment for a few seconds and hear if there are any extraneous sounds during operation.
Experience shows that the leakage of water occurs for the following reasons:
- The door seal has ruptured or cracked;
- The rubber tube, located at the bottom, moved away from its seat or came off completely;
- There is an air gap in the drain valve;
- The water tank is broken.
Elimination of leakage in the Siemens dishwasher
Initially, you need to determine the exact cause of the problem. Take necessary tools and a new node that you need to replace instead of the worn out one. Start work only if you have previously turned off the flow of water and power supply.
As a rule, most malfunctions appear as a result of problems with a rubber seal and a branch pipe. Less often you have to deal with cases when a tank is broken. In any case, the nodes mentioned above must be replaced with new ones, as they are not subject to repair.
Depending on the nature of the malfunction, you will need several ordinary screwdrivers and one bent screwdriver. If there are hexagon fit bolts, use special hexagonal keys of the correct diameter.
The sequence of steps:
- Using a tool at hand, disassemble the dishwasher and get to the problem site;
- Get rid of the worn out unit and mount a new one;
- Assemble the equipment in reverse order;
- Check the functioning of the dishwasher without loading the dishes.