A malfunction in the kitchen helper may occur at the most inopportune moment. So, for example, it happens when you load the device with dishes and detergents, and suddenly see that the door does not close or snug tightly. As a result, there is a large gap through which water flows. What to do in this situation?
The reasons for breakage
First of all, you need to find out the reason why the dishwasher door is not closed or there is a hole. To do this, turn off the machine from the electrical network and check it to find out the reasons.
- If the rubber sealant is deformed, the door will not close tightly.
- Look, if the container for the dishes is properly installed. Perhaps, the door does not close because the container is settled the wrong way.
- Check the level of the dishwasher’s installing. The door can be closed properly because of the tilt of the device.
- Inspect the lock. If it is deformed, it should be repaired or changed.
What to do if the door is not locked
Very often, users complain that the door is opened very tightly and not fixed in the open position. Devices have an adjustment of spring tension. In some dishwashers, bolts are located on top. In other models, the adjusting elements are located on the sides of the door’s bottom.
Please note! The stronger the bolts are tightened, the more effort you must make to open the door. As a rule, this effort varies from 2.5 to 8.5 kg.
So, the door of the dishwasher cannot be closed for a number of reasons, one of which is an incorrect installation of the built-in dishwasher. In most cases, this malfunction can be removed manually. Have enough patience and follow the instructions.
Electrolux tips for troubleshooting the dishwasher door
The dishwasher door does not close
If the dishwasher door does not close, the appliance may be installed incorrectly.
- To solve the problem, align the device with adjustable feet, and check the level accuracy.
The problem can also be related to the door latch.
The door of the dishwasher is not closed or curved
This problem occurs due to the skewing of the latches and/or loops.
- Consult a specialist who installed the device to check the installation of the latch and the door in accordance with the instructions.
The door of the dishwasher doesn’t stay in the open position
If the appliance door is not installed, it is not possible to check the door of the built-in dishwasher.
Without the installed kitchen door, the dishwasher door is not held in the open position; this is normal. The door is closed due to the springs installed in the hinges.
The door is lifted during the washing program
If the appliance is installed recently, the door may be too heavy or the appliance is not installed correctly (it is important for the device to be aligned and fixed).
- In this case, consult a specialist or try to align the position of the dishwasher yourself.
If the appliance is installed correctly, the cause may be blocking sprinklers or its clogging.
- Check the sprinklers and clean it if necessary. Clean the filters placed at the bottom of the appliance according to the instructions in the user’s manual. Then turn the device back on.
- If the above-mentioned recommendations didn’t solve the problem, contact the service center.