The dishwasher is programmed so that after all stages of cleaning the dishes it is automatically turned off. If it does not turn off, then there is some kind of a breakdown.
Signs of malfunction, how to identify
Read the manual and see the operating time of the equipment when choosing a particular mode. Then turn on the dishwasher without the dishes loaded and note the time of its operation. Fully serviceable equipment should turn off to a second. If the operation time exceeds several minutes or even tens of minutes, this is a direct sign that your dishwasher is broken.
Experience shows that there are only two reasons why dishwashers continue to work after the completion of all stages:
- there is a leak;
- the control unit is broken.
In the first case, you should contact the service center as soon as possible, as there is a threat of a leak.
Troubleshooting in the Siemens dishwasher
Before you start the repair, take all the necessary tools and spare parts. Again, count the runtime without shutting down and make sure that the malfunction is still real.
To carry out repair you need a plain and bent screwdriver. When checking the functioning of the control unit it is worth using a special indicator. You may need a control unit and a hose. Clamps and other fastening materials are supplied complete with the dishwasher.
Sequence of steps:
- Remove the protective cover and inspect the condition of the hoses;
- If the hose is damaged, remove it and replace with a new one;
- If there is no leakage in the hose, inspect the control unit;
- Replace the control unit with a new one;
- Assemble the dishwasher in the reverse order of disassembly;
- Check the running time again using a stopwatch or regular clock.