It often happens that users may be faced with the problem of ignoring the drying process. If you do not eliminate this malfunction, you risk receiving poorly washed dishes all the time.
Signs of malfunction, how to determine?
Identifying the problem is quite simple. After a complex washing, the dishes should be dry, warm and clean. If they are wet and cold, it means that cleaning is not carried out. It indicates that your dishwasher needs repair. Check if the fan is working.
There could be several reasons for such a malfunction:
- heating element broke;
- the thermal sensor does not work;
- control unit problems;
- turbo dryer fan does not work.
Troubleshooting in the Siemens dishwasher
Before starting the repair, load the dirty dishes into the machine and start the washing procedure. Pay attention to the behavior of the machine: whether the water temperature is sufficient, whether the turbo-dryer fan is working. Once the source of the problem is identified, bring along all the necessary tools and components for replacement.
For the repair, you need a plain and bent screwdriver. When replacing the control unit, you will most likely need a small screwdriver for small bolts. In some models the nodes are fixed with hex bolts, so you will need hex keys. To check the operation of the control unit, use the indicator.
You need a control unit, a new fan, a heating element or a temperature sensor. It all depends on the nature of the malfunction.
The sequence of steps:
- Disassemble the dishwasher;
- Check the operation of the heating element. In the event of incorrect operation, replace it;
- Check that the temperature sensor is working. In the event of incorrect operation, replace it;
- Check the control unit. In the event of incorrect operation, replace it;
- Make sure the fan is working. In the event of incorrect operation, replace it;
- Assemble the equipment in the reverse order;
- Test the dishwasher.