Like other washing machines, Whirlpool Cabrio washer has a set of error codes that indicate specific problems. For instance, the F error code appears in an exceptional case, when the washer doesn’t run at all. It means it neither changes modes nor starts. After being turned on, it doesn’t start any of the programs. The appliance buzzes, making a continuous sound, and blinks with LEDs.
What Is the F Error Code Related?
The single F error without additional letters, signs, or numbers indicates the failure of the control board. It cannot send messages to other units and systems. This error is caused by voltage drops in the home network, severe voltage surges, and short circuits. At the same time, some models display the F1 error code instead of F. We may say that they are mostly the same.
If you are experiencing the F error code, try to follow these steps:
- Unplug the washing machine for 2 minutes and then plug it back (it will help the appliance re-conduct self-diagnostics and conclude that there is no breakdown);
- Press the START and PAUSE buttons simultaneously and hold them for 1 minute to clear the error code.
Did you get the expected result? In case your answer is still “no,” don’t hesitate to contact the service center to ask a specialist to replace the main module.
You can try to fix the F error code yourself, saving a tidy sum, since the only thing you have to pay for is the damaged item. It costs $200.
- Disconnect the washing machine from the wall outlet and the water supply system.
- Move it a bit away from the wall, turn it towards you (be careful with the inlet and drain hoses).
- Undo three hex screws on the rear panel (bottom).
- Lift the console, turn it forward, and remove.
- Take a photo, draw, or write down the location of the plugs connected to the control board.
- Disconnect all plugs and pressure pipes.
- Loosen the screw and snap the fixing clips off.
- Remove the central module that causes the F error and replace it with a new one.
Reassemble the washer by following the above guide in reverse order. In the end, connect it to the water supply. Place the appliance at the wall, gently holding the power cord and hoses. Check the washer by starting a run test. If everything is done correctly, the Whirlpool Cabrio washer F error code should disappear.